Wednesday 12 December 2007

Seeing Green !!

A wise man once said "Make money, money by fair means if you can, if not, but any means money" and so right was he. Whoever said that money cannot buy happiness didn't even know what would make him happy.
At times I wonder how different my life would have been if I had been rich. Better, certainly, but how much better. Well the first thing I would have done would be to put my career on track. Instead of taking the long road home I would have just got there. My years of hardwork would have been cut by half if not more. So where is the all the money ?? In the bank account of the rich and in funds being distributed to the destitutes of the world. Unfortunately I fall in neither category. In fact I do not fall in any category which would enable me to get scholarship or any form of financial aid.
I have just done a quick survey of available loans and scholarships and discovered how unique I am. I am neither a US citizen, nor a green card holder, have no US co-signor, am not a black or Hispanic, do not live in DC area, am not a scientist doing work which will make the world a better place, do not belong to a minority group, do not fall below the minimum income level, do not belong to a poorly represented community in US, do not have immovable property, basically, I am stuck without money.
No matter how hard I wish I can never find the money to live my dreams. After all I know at the end of the day "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride".

1 comment:

50scent said...

But inherited money could have eaten up your ambition