Tuesday 15 December 2009

Another Sem

My fifth semester has just come to an end. With it comes the realisation that I have learnt a lot, but there is so much more that I need to learn, so much more than I already know. A feeling of foreboding sets in, a feeling that I might not be able to reach the end of the rainbow and might never find the pot of gold. Yet, I want to chase it. It makes me wonder if I am foolish, plain stubborn or just determined. What I choose to name it doesn't matter but it is there. When I finally manage to earn my PhD I hope I shall be able to get rid of that knot in my stomach. Like somebody told me eventually this effort will be intellectually worth the time I spent.

Earth, Wind and Rain and Fire
Wealth, Power, Blood, Desire
One Goal to Live for Before we Die
One taste of Glory
One Mouthful of Sky !

Lines from an old Indian soap but it conveys my feeling aptly at this point.

No comments: