Monday 27 October 2008

Food.. I miss you !!!

For somebody who missed her meal once in 4 years in college I think it's blasphemous that I skip my lunch everytime I have to give a presentation post lunch. Infact I even postpone/miss my lunch till after I have my meeting with my advisor every week. And also when I have an exam. 
Being a PhD student I think I will be giving presentation and talk on an average 3 times every semester, 2 exams on an average every semester and will have atleast 28 meetings with my advisor during a semester. So on an average I miss my lunch 33 times a semester and assuming I graduate in 4 years that is 33*2*4=264 skipped lunches. The figures are overwhelming to say the least inspite of the fact that I have kept it very conservative. I can't imagine the "food-centric" me can survive that many days without food. 
I guess this is the price I have to pay as a Graduate student. 

No comments: