Thursday 28 June 2007

American Visa

After a month of tension, confusion and apprehension I finally got my visa. Yes, it’s all done and my days in Bangalore are coming to an end. I had heard that getting a visa was enough to make you crazy but I didn’t know you had to bear the brunt of heat, hunger and humidity before we would be allowed into the sanctum sanctorum of the Consulate. After standing for 3 hours in the sweltering Chennai heat I along with a few hundred people stepped into the inner chamber of the consulate where the actual visa interview would take place. After another hour of waiting I managed to reach the counter where my future would be decided. And like all other plans I have ever made this too came with a backup. If it didn’t work I would have gone to Kolkata and looked for a job there. However it didn’t come to that. After a smile, a nod and just 2 questions I got my visa. It was as simple as that. I didn’t even need to take out papers from my file pertaining to the finances which I had got from my Dad. I guess I was too strung up without a reason. But then would I have said the same if I didn’t get the visa. I guess not.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog makes for a wonderful read. keep writing!
-john

Satyabrata said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

got to yur page while going through profiles in orkut....a kewl read....anywayz keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

notun blog ? and I didn't know !!!
anyway, belated wishes for your ticket to hollywood... :-p
And all the best for your adventures there.... :)

Satish said...

The visa officer probably has read too many blogs of the sort you have written after your arrival to the land of opportunities .. and decided he/she didnt need to know about your finances in India after all!